My name is Nike van Heeswijk, and I am the owner and sole employee of Linguisitive.
I hold a master’s degree in English and Linguistics, and have a strong interest in the structure of language, in particular in how it consists of building blocks on different levels, and in the rule sets that dictate how these can be combined to form larger units.
I have worked in software development since 2001 as a test analyst and test lead, while my experience also includes writing (user) documentation, business analysis and requirements engineering & management. I have strong analytical skills, and I enjoy creating order out of chaos, problem solving and learning new things. Working in the field of NLP and Computational Linguistics allows me to combine my passion for linguistics with my IT experience.
In addition, I work as a freelance language teacher, in particular for Dutch. Please refer to www.nederlingo.nl for more information.
- languages and linguistics
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- teaching Dutch and English
- (coordinating) system and end-to-end testing in complex environments
- writing, reviewing and translating (in Dutch and English)
- comfortable using a large variety of tools and technologies
- team coordination and coaching
- basic programming skills (including Python)
- Dutch – native
- English – excellent
- Japanese – intermediate
- German – intermediate
- Spanish – intermediate
- French – intermediate